Understand the terms of agreement associated with your free KPN membership, then enjoy the benefits
KPN’s terms of membership are designed to be simple and to empower buy agencies to take best advantage of cooperative purchasing contract. When your agency registers for membership, the following terms govern your relationship with the Keystone Purchasing Network.
Terms of Membership
1. The Keystone Purchasing Network (KPN) is a program initiative of the Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit (CSIU), 90 Lawton Lane, Milton, PA 17847.
KPN is a cooperative purchasing program operating under Chapter 19, Intergovernmental Relations, of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Procurement Code, 62 Pa.C.S.§§1901 et.seq., as the same may be amended from time to time (the “Act”), for those school districts assigned to the CSIU, as well as other organizations eligible to participate under the Act, whether such eligible organizations are located inside or outside of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Eligible organizations under the Act include state purchasing agencies, agencies of the United States, political subdivisions, public authorities, tax-exempt nonprofit educational institutions, tax-exempt nonprofit public health institutions and organizations, nonprofit fire companies, nonprofit rescue companies, nonprofit ambulance companies, and to the extent provided by law, any other entity that expends public funds for the procurement of supplies, services and construction.
By entering into this Membership Agreement, Member Agency does hereby attest and affirm that it is an eligible organization under the Act.
2. KPN has conducted the steps of bidding and awarding contracts to vendors who are required to offer their best agency discounted prices and most responsible services to KPN members.
3. It is the sole responsibility of each Member Agency to adhere to its state’s procurement statutes as they apply to cooperative purchasing or joint power agreements, with in-state and out-of-state public agencies.
4. Membership in KPN is free.
5. In the use of each KPN contract, the Member Agency shall adhere to the terms and conditions of the contract, including without limitation the order placement procedures provided by each official KPN Contract Vendor.
6. It is the sole responsibility of the Member Agency to accept delivery of supplies, construction and/or services, and the Member Agency hereby agrees to make timely payments to each KPN Contract Vendor for supplies, construction and/or services purchased under the KPN program. Under no circumstances shall any other Member Agency or the CSIU be responsible for payments on account of an individual Member Agency’s purchases, it being the intent hereof that any such purchases shall constitute the separate agreement of each participating Member Agency with the particular Contract Vendor. Any disputes that may arise between the Member Agency and the KPN Contract Vendor are to be resolved between the Member Agency and the Contract Vendor. The CSIU will endeavor to facilitate a resolution between the Member Agency and the Contract Vendor.
7. The CSIU may make improvements or changes to the KPN program, or terminate the KPN program at any time. The CSIU may modify this Membership Agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon distribution of the modified agreement. Notification of any such improvements or changes to the KPN program, termination of the KPN program, or modifications to this Membership Agreement may be distributed to Member Agencies via e-mail. Member Agency agrees to review the notices of any improvements, changes or modifications prior to entering into a contract with a Contract Vendor and entry into a contract shall be deemed acceptance of such improvements, changes or modifications. Member Agency may cancel its membership in KPN by providing thirty (30) days prior written notice to the CSIU at the address listed in Section 1 of this Membership Agreement.
8. This Membership Agreement, together with any additional improvements, changes, or modifications referenced in Section 7 hereof constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the CSIU and the Member Agency. This Membership Agreement shall not be altered, changed or amended by the Member Agency, except by written addendum executed by the CSIU and Member Agency.
9. The Member Agency is not obligated to use KPN contracts or make purchases in order to retain membership.
10. The CSIU will use Membership Agency contact information to announce updates and new opportunities. Occasionally, KPN Contract Vendors may contact Member Agencies to announce special discounts. The CSIU will not sell or share contact information with any other third party for commercial purposes unrelated to KPN. The CSIU reserves the right to disclose non-specific aggregate Member Agency information, such as geographic spread of membership and number and types of members to third parties.
11. In no event shall the CSIU be liable for any special, indirect, punitive, incidental, exemplary, reliance or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, business, data or profits, litigation and the like, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise. Any liability of the CSIU under this Membership Agreement shall be limited to direct, actual damages only. Member agency acknowledges that the limitations set forth above are fundamental elements of this membership agreement and KPN would not be provided to Member Agency absent such limitations.
The KPN staff is a group of experienced public sector employees of the Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit in Milton, Pennsylvania. They are leaders in educational and government purchasing. As purchasing agents, the group solicits bids, evaluates responses, and recommends awards to the agency’s board of directors.
ABOUT KPN, THE SOURCE FOR PIGGYBACCKABLE PURCHASING CONTRACTS USED BY LOCAL COMMUNITIES ACROSS THE U.S.
Ten key facts about the Keystone Purchasing Network to get you started on the path to more efficient purchasing with cooperative contracts.
ABOUT THE CENTRAL SUSQUEHANNA INTERMEDIATE UNIT, THE PUBLIC AGENCY BEHIND THE KEYSTONE PURCHASING NETWORK
Buyers interested in using KPN contracts will be interested in the legal authority of the CSIU as a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
CONTACT OUR STAFF FOR HELPFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FACILITATE YOUR USE OF KPN PURCHASING CONTRACTS
Contact us. You’ll find the KPN staff is a group of experienced public sector employees, all part of the team at the Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit in Milton, Pennsylvania.
THE KPN STAFF INCLUDES EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS IN PURCHASING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SOLUTIONS
The staff behind the KPN purchasing cooperative includes leaders who have been on the leading edge of public sector purchasing and innovation for decades.
MEET WITH KPN STAFF AT A TRADE SHOW NEAR YOU; GET A PERSONAL TOUR OF PIGGYBACKABLE CONTRACTS SUITED TO YOUR AGENCY
Trade shows are a perfect environment to find solutions and build relationships. KPN makes it easy to meet in person thanks to a full calendar of tradeshows near you.
KPN’S AFFILIATION WITH AEPA LEVERAGES NATIONAL DEMAND TO ACHIEVE BETTER LOCAL PRICING
National cooperation among 26 different state purchasing agencies leads to better pricing, but AEPA still leaves awards and contracting at the local level.
OUR BID PROCESS: THE CONTRACTING PROCEDURES THAT MEET MOST STATE BIDDING LAWS
With a cooperative history going back 40 years, KPN follows strict bidding procedures to make communities throughout the U.S. comfortable using its piggybackable bids.